29 March 2010

Summer activities

On our hike to Quetzel Falls in RMNP


This good weather has also got me thinking of camping and other summer time activities. We completely missed out on camping this past summer due in part to the pregnancy but also to my work schedule. Now that I am not working we are free to all kinds of camping trips whenever the husband can take time off. I am planning on trying out a few new areas and campgrounds. We sold our old rinky dinky pop up camper and will be renting this summer. 


In addition to our local camping, the husband wants to go camping in Montana. I'm not at all familiar with that state so it should be a fun new adventure. We hope to get there later this summer. I definitely plan to rent a hard sided trailer for camping in grizzly country. I think we'd drive to Montana then rent a trailer from a local place so we can drive faster and save a little bit of gas getting there. 


Taken while having dinner next to Jackson Lake, Tetons in 2008


We also like going to the Tetons and I want to explore Yellowstone a bit more. It is such a huge park it could take a few weeks on its own. So much camping yet so little time.