30 March 2010

Happy Birthday


So I forgot to mention my birthday last week. It was a BIG ONE that came too soon. I was pretty depressed about it but the husband took the day off to hang out with me and the kid. The day started off a little rocky due to over sleeping and rushing out the door to swim class. This little dandy arrived (from bff Marie) just as we were leaving and helped brighten my day.




After swim class we had brunch at Lucile's Creole Cafe. I had the Eggs Jennifer, one of my favorite dishes ever (it's Eggs Benedict but instead of ham there's wilted spinach, avocados, and tomatoes).  We also had some beignets (donuts), yum. If I could eat here everyday I would.



I really wanted to see the Body Worlds exhibit in Denver but the husband would probably have lost his lunch so we went to Cheyenne instead. Why Cheyenne you ask? Why the heck would you choose to go there? Well the answer is called Sierra Trading Post. I've been wanting to stop by this discount outdoor store for a few years but never had the chance because we were always on our way someplace (Omaha or the Black Hills) or they were closed. I was ready to spend my birthday money on something there but I felt pretty underwhelmed. We browsed for at least an hour and I didn't come across one thing I wanted to purchase. We headed home to pick up my ice cream birthday cake and then had dinner at Los Tarascos. Their margaritas are strong and their salsa bar is tasty but my food was a little different for my tastes.



Some of my other birthday highlights included my new purse, purchased with my birthday money. How a purse could make me so giddy, I don't know. We spent an hour browsing the local Coach outlet before I snagged this baby. It was on major discount (or else I couldn't have bought it with my dough) so I know I got a killer deal. I ::puffy heart:: this thing. 


My other bff Mo made me this little charm bracelet with Asher's name on it! I love it.









I guess I couldn't have asked for anything more on my monumental b-day. I got flowers, a massage gift certificate to my fav place, jewelery, the purse of my dreams, an ice cream cake, a new accessory for my new car, yummy food, and most importantly I got to spend time with the two most important guys in my life. I guess it turned out to be a pretty happy birthday indeed.