16 March 2010

Good Eater

My little guy is a good eater, must take my side of the family. This week he tried carrots and pears. Pears were an immediate hit and the carrots were just okay. He likes acorn squash, bananas, sweet potatoes, and pears a lot. He likes butternut squash and carrots okay and didn't like peas, apples, or avocados. In a few days I'll introduce yogurt per his pediatrician's approval. Some times I think he only wants the fruits or veggies and not his formula. Generally he gets only formula for his first and last meal of the day, he gets at least 1 fruit or veggie at every other meal but mostly eats two types, 1 veggie and 1 fruit. I don't blame him for not liking the peas, I got peas on my hand and instinctively licked my finger to get clean it and gagged. We are going to keep trying the veggies he didn't like though, maybe with time he'll start to eat them.