16 August 2009

In the home stretch

We're feeling a little freaked out with the arrival of the baby. I know, I know we had 9 months to prepare...we're still scared. I think we were so focused on not acknowledging the pregnancy for the first 5 months because we were afraid of losing this one. We didn't start to feel confident until the 20 week ultrasound. I got into preparing for the baby by buying stuff, which by the way we are completely set for. I have read tons and tons of books on pregnancy but only 1 book on what to do with a baby. DH has a book written for fathers, but it's more entertainment that useful knowledge. I must admit it always gives me a chuckle. I'm not convinced you can actually prepare and know what you're in for with a baby. I think you just have to be thrown in. We now figure we'll just wing it, lol, I'm not sure what else to do.