06 August 2009

Less than 30 days to go...

We're getting a little antsy for his arrival, finishing up projects around the house. Bob decided we needed a new toilet in our bathroom and I decided we needed new flooring and new paint to go along with it. I'll post before and after pictures too. Bob's going to begin working tomorrow on his day off, I can't wait to see the final product. I hope it is all done when I get home.

We're going to use vinyl tiles and grout between them. We used vinyl tiles in our guest bathroom and love them. They look just like tile (feel different) We know how to tile but wanted to get away from the extra work of laying the cement backerboard and we also didn't want to deal with varying floor heights or waiting a few days for the stuff to set.




This is the toilet we're installing:





Who ever thought I'd be blogging about a toilet? It's a water efficient model- I'm working my eco friendly stuff into this house piece by piece. It's a taller toilet and is has less pieces so it will be easier to clean. Bob just wanted a toilet that had the highest flush rating, lol.
After this project I think we are done. Bob wants to get the house painted but we'll hire someone else to do that. I think if we wait until the fall we'll get better rates as job demand will slow down.
Baby Updates
He isn't due until Aug 29 but I have suspected all along that he would show up early, approx. 2 weeks early. At my last appointment I was 1 centimeter dilated and the baby's head was at station 1. I've been experiencing what I thought were false contractions but I am thinking they were the real thing just very mild. They seem to be getting stronger each day and now I am starting to experience some tough back pain along with the contractions. I'll be 37 weeks in 2 days so anytime after that should be fine by me. Of course I would love for him to bake just a bit longer, at least he'd be full term.
List of things to do before baby arrives
- bathroom project (flooring, paint, toilet)
- cleaning up clutter in the house/garage
- finish packing hospital bag
- purchase extras for the house (toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, dish soap, cleaning supplies, post pregnancy supplies, dog/rabbit food supplies)
- making and freezing meals (yah right, I am pretty sure I'm already out of time for this one)
- pedicure (I've been putting this off all summer)
- hair cut
- prenantal massage (already scheduled for tomorrow! yippee)
- waxing