10 June 2009

PG brain strikes again




I have 4 bunnies who go through a lot of food in a short period of time. I go to the local pet store to purchase their food. I usually have to put in a special order to get their 50 lb bag of food. To hold them over I bought two smaller bags of food as this is the time it takes for the shipment to arrive. There are two types of formula for their particular brand, one of older buns and one for baby buns. Now I swear I grabbed two bags for the older buns but only realized I was feeding them the wrong type after about a week and a half. No this won't kill them but could give them an upset stomach. I was also horrified to remember that I also ordered the 50 lb bag in the same/wrong type of formula. Thankfully the store was able to change the order before it shipped so everything is good now.

The last time something like this happened was with my first or second pregnancy. My rabbits litter pellets look similar to their food pellets (same size/shape but different color). I also happened to keep the bins next to each other. I'm not sure how long I been doing this but one day one of my buns was throwing a tantrum. She was throwing her bowl around and doing her best to rattle the cage. I only see this behavior if they're hungry or need water because I forget. I went to check on her and saw she had both food and water. I can't remember what made me realize that she had litter in her food dish instead of food, lol. I laugh now but I felt terrible. I have no idea how long I had been starving my babies. They were ever thankful for the real stuff though.

I hope I don't mess up too much more in my remaining weeks...I cringe to think of the things I could have messed up at work and haven't realized yet.