So far we have the big items (crib, mattress, pnp, glider) for the nursery. We aren't sure whether we'll need or have room for a changing table. The PNP has a small changing table too. We plan to keep the baby near our bed for the first few months and then transition him to the crib. The guest bed is currently in the nursery since my parents will be visiting and I don't want them sleeping on the floor. We have yet to hang the wall art that coordinates with the bedding (see post below). I also plan to remove the door to the closet and adding a curtain for cover to make it easier to access and free up space.
This is the closet, we are thinking of getting an organizer and losing the dresser since it takes up so much space.
I really would love to have this day bed from Ikea, which could also turn into the baby's bed when he's older. See how it turns into a double bed when you pull it out. It also seems great for storage (also comes in white). How I wish the nearest Ikea wasn't a 7 hr drive away.
