The baby moon in the mountains was okay at best. The cabin was not at all what I expected. Normally I'm not a person easily disappointed but I was more than just a bit heart broken over this experience.
First I had issues getting the owners to respond to my deposit with a contract, they kept saying everything was fine and that I should receive the paperwork later that day but it never came. Finally a few days before the stay they charged my credit card for the entire stay (something they said they'd do after the stay), okay not a huge deal. The day before I still had not received directions to the cabin- although I knew the general area it was located- I did not receive an address EVER. I got the padlock to the cabin casually over the phone with the owner the day before and only at my asking!! If I wasn't smart enough to ask we would have been stuck outside until we could get a hold of them on the phone.
When we arrived I was disappointed to see that it was located next to a busy highway and was not the lake front access I thought it was. In retrospect the listing did say it was a Lake View cabin but its pictures made it look as though it had lake access.
The interior of the cabin was okay but the gas grill outside was almost out of propane and the space heater tank was also out of propane. I don't think the owners put too much time or money into keep this place going, they just rent it out. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not used to staying in luxury resorts or anything, but I had hoped for just a bit more from this place.
On the happier side, I did finally see my first wild moose!! I actually saw many many moose. I can't tell whether they were the same ones or different pairs. They are as big as a house too. The first time I ran into them I didn't have my camera on me and I wasn't about to get any closer to provoke them. The next time it was at dusk and my camera phone really didn't pick them up at all.
We enjoyed eating in town and found a wonderful restaurant called Max and T's Bar and Grill. They had the best burger and salads ever! We will definitely be going back if we're ever in town again. They also had these delicious corn fritters. I'm too embarrassed to take pictures of my food so I can't post any for you.
