18 February 2010

Mmmmm, Baby Food



Homemade baby food is so easy to do. It takes just a few minutes to prep and all you really need is a food processor or blender to puree the food. It's also a cost effective way to feed your baby AND you control what is going into their food.


For Asher's first veggies I made acorn squash, butternut squash, and sweet potatoes. I washed the veggies then cut up the squashes and removed the seeds. I then placed them in baking pans in a few inches of water. The sweet potatoes were wrapped in foil. All the veggies were put in a 400 degree oven for about an hour or until softened. I scooped the meat from the squashes and pureed them (separately) in the food processor and then put the puree into ice cube trays to freeze. 


I made sure to wash the processor between veggies so as not to transfer one veggie to another due to allergies.    Since this is the first time Asher will eat these I need to wait 4 days between them to determine if he's allergic.


I have found all my baby food ideas from wholesomebabyfood.com. 
Posted by Picasa