skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A little bit of shopping
So we've been going back and forth with the idea of upgrading my car to something more baby friendly (i.e. bigger). We started about a year ago looking at SUV's. We loved the Highlander but the price was hard to swallow so we walked away. Now that the baby is here and his gear gets hauled around, we noticeably feel the crunch. The carseat makes sitting in back uncomfortable and the stroller takes up practically the whole trunk. Bob hates driving my car because he feels cramped and doesn't think the baby is safe in it. We end up taking his truck every where and let me tell you, it is big and inconvenient. The back doors open backwards and parking the thing is ridiculous! There is also limited storage space in the cab. We finally broke down and bought a Honda Pilot. I have to say I am getting used to driving around a big car. It has a great turning radius and I feel pretty comfortable in it. It isn't as big as the truck and feels manageable to me. There is also a sunroof (that I have been wanting for years) and a dvd player for when Asher gets bigger (for now we'll use it during road trips, lol). Although having a car payment again isn't the most fun thing, we will probably have it paid of sooner. It is so nice to not feel jammed into my tiny car now. The one down side to the car, the gas mileage. It's almost 10 mpg worse than my corolla was, boy am I going to miss that. Also no zipping around and taking corners fast, ahhhhh, baby free life is officially over.

old car
new car