19 April 2010

Case of the Mondays: Unmotivation

okay this is a picture after I semi-organized and cleaned today




This morning I started some laundry and while the baby is napping I planned to organize our garage. I went out and brought the trash dumpster in and surveyed the mess...then came back inside. I don't even want to empty the dishwasher (one of my most hated chores anyway). I would rather sit on the couch and blog about all the projects I want to complete...


Here are the projects so far:
1) Cleaning and organizing the garage
2) Transplanting rock from the backyard to the front yard
3) Minor landscaping in front and back yards (planting flowers, decorations, laying a few pavers, hanging planters, finding a rocking bench for the backyard, finding an umbrella for the patio table, decluttering backyard)
4) Re-painting living room walls (with low VOC paint), but we first have to pick a color
5) Re-decorating the living room (we'd had the same color scheme for about 5 or 6 years (I'd like new curtains, etc)
6) Painting cabinets in kitchen and bathrooms (Our laminate cabinets are starting to chip and show wear, so I'd like to paint them an antique white or a dark brown and add hardware to update their look), new countertops would be nice too (the husband may even consider new cabinets but it's hard finding them so the fit the current footprint exactly)
7) New cabinet mounted above the stove microwave (but that would require a new cabinet as our current above the stove cabinet is too long to mount a micro beneath it), this would save a ton of counterspace